Requirements for successful completion of each self-study are:
- Read the entire article.
- Complete the evaluation form and post-test and indicate responses on the answer sheet. Links to the post test and evaluation are on the last page
- Return the registration form, answer sheet & fee (FREE for MNA members; $20 for non-members for each self-study) to MNA. Forms may be faxed, if a credit card is used for payment.
Issues Pertinent to Nurses in Michigan
- What’s New in the Fight Against Dementia
1.0 contact hours – expires October 2019
- Vaccination – not just for kids anymore
1.0 contact hours – expires June 2019
- Pain: Symptom Management and Alternative Therapies
New reapplication requirements from the Michigan State Board of Nursing state that nurses must have 2.0 credits of continuing education in pain symptom and management. (This is an increase from the previous requirement of one credit.) These two credits must be renewed every two years.
2.0 contact hours – expires June 2019
- APRNs – Who are they?
1.0 contact hours – expires April 2019
- Human Trafficking
This human trafficking CE activity meets the one-time education requirement for the State of Michigan healthcare providers. This training requirement will need to be completed prior to the license renewal in 2019.
1.0 contact hours – expires February 2019
- Active Shooter: Tips for Survival
1.0 contact hours – expires December 2018
Michigan Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
These continuing nursing education activities are provided solely by the Michigan Nurses Association (MNA), and there is no commercial support or conflict of interest in these activities by the planners and developers of these CE modules. There is no discussion of off-label usage of products or endorsement of products by MNA or the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC.)
Please click here to fill out our online education survey so MNA can improve how we address your nursing practice concerns and requests.