#MNAStrong Advocate – Educate – Represent
Thursday, October 10th
Boyne Mountain Resort, Boyne Falls, MI
12:00 pm Box lunches and sign-in
The registration form is below.
;Heather Booth: Changing the World
Tracing the ongoing legacy of activist and community organizer Heather Booth, this documentary is a manual on how to become an organizer. The goal is for Heather Booth: Changing the World to serve as a tool for community organizing, through education and awareness, and as a guide for mobilizing that inspires activism and ignites change.
Cost: FREE for MNA members. $75 for non-members includes 1-year Associate membership.
Workplace Violence in Healthcare: Risk Factors, Consequences, and Prevention Strategies
- Increased understanding of root causes and risk situations for violence.
- Improved awareness of how workplace violence can impact nurse health, performance, and quality of patient care.
- Knowledge of individual and organizational strategies that can help to prevent workplace violence.
Being David: Bargaining Better with Goliath Healthcare Systems
- Increased understanding of how large health systems are minimizing the health needs of patients.
- Determine how nurses can react to cost-cutting measures regarding patient care and safety.
- Develop ways to address large health systems so nurses can be heard effectively.
If We Organize, We Can Change the World!
- Determine why nurses should be pro-active in order to ensure that conditions are improved for patients, the community, and nurses, and the care they want to provide.
- Discuss why nurses should engage with community members to improve health care conditions.
You are responsible for making your own hotel reservations. Reserve your room at Boyne Mountain Resort online here or call 800-462-6963 and identify yourself as attending the MNA Convention to receive the discounted rate. Discounted rooms are available at the Boynehof, Clock Tower and Mountain Grand Lodge. Two and three bedroom condominiums are also available at Mountain Villa and Disciple’s Ridge. A free shuttle is available to take you to the Civic Center. Refer to the site map to see the room locations.
September 18, 2019
A deposit of one night’s room rental is required to confirm a reservation. Failure to arrive on the confirmed reservation date will result in forfeiture of the total deposit amount. Cancellations received seven (7) or more days prior to arrival date will allow a refund of the deposit minus a $10 administrative fee. Cancellations received within seven (7) days of arrival require forfeiture of the entire deposit.
4.0 contact hours will be awarded to RNs who are in attendance for the entire event and complete the evaluation.. The Michigan Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.