National Nurses United is offering two new COVID resources, free to all nurses:
Covid-19: The Latest Science and Other Updates (2 CEU)
The virus that causes Covid-19 was first identified in January 2020. Scientific knowledge about this novel virus has changed rapidly over the year. This CE class will review the major scientific updates about Covid-19 with a special focus on new information. We will also discuss the implications of these scientific updates for nurses and their advocacy for safe patient care. Read more
Covid-19 and the Global Pharmaceutical Industry: Behind the Search for a Vaccine (2 CEU)
This class will detail the structure of the global pharmaceutical industry and the process of vaccine development. We will address such questions as: where does funding for vaccine research come from? Do patents and intellectual property laws encourage or inhibit innovation? What sort of regulations must be in place to reduce risk and protect the public health? For perspective, the class will look at some historical breakthroughs in vaccine development in the United States, explore what has changed in the intervening years, and examine whether our current system is suited to meet the demands of global need. Looking ahead, we will outline what steps we can take to ensure equitable access to any new vaccines that have proven safe and effective. Lastly and crucially, we will examine what about our current system of drug and vaccine development must change in order to meet the challenge of future pandemics. Read more
MNA is proud to be affiliated with NNU, the largest union and professional association of registered nurses in U.S. history. One of your member benefits with NNU through MNA is even MORE FREE CE Credits! Click here to explore National Nurses United’s (NNU’s) FREE continuing education for nurses.
Independent Study CE Modules
- Recognizing and Surviving Depression During the COVID-19 Pandemic
1.0 contact hours – expires December 2022
- Dementia: Core Review and Treatment Updates
1.0 contact hours – expires November 2022
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update Fall 2020
1.0 contact hours – expires November 2021
Check out MNA’s COVID-19 web page for nurses and other health care professionals
- Alarm Fatigue: Cause, Effect, Change
1.0 contact hours – expires August 2021
- FMLA, LOA, Short Term Disability and Worker’s Compensation: A Nurse’s Guide to Worker’s Protections
1.0 contact hours – expires June 2021
- The Opioid Epidemic: History, Patients, Recommendations/Management, and Empowering All Nurses to Effect Change
Michigan State Board of Nursing reapplication requirements state that nurses must have 2.0 credits of continuing education in pain symptom and management. These two credits must be renewed every two years.
2.0 contact hours – expires June 2021
- Responding to Human Trafficking in the Health Care Setting
This human trafficking CE activity meets the one-time education requirement for the State of Michigan healthcare providers. This training requirement will need to be completed prior to the license renewal in 2019.
1.5 contact hours – expires February 2021
Michigan Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
These continuing nursing education activities are provided solely by the Michigan Nurses Association (MNA), and there is no commercial support or conflict of interest in these activities by the planners and developers of these CE modules. There is no discussion of off-label usage of products or endorsement of products by MNA or the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC.)
Questions? Contact Larissa Miller.
Please click here to fill out our online education survey so MNA can improve how we address your nursing practice concerns and requests.
Did you know . . .
- When you take an MNA online CE course, you will now receive your CE certificate via email after vetting of your membership or payment.
- Non-Michigan registered nurses and other health care professionals may take any of MNA’s online CE courses. A certification of completion will be provided. MNA is accredited to provide contact hour credit only to nurses licensed in Michigan.
- For MNA members, the name and location of each new MNA CE you’ve taken (both online and live courses) will be visible within a few days after taking the course. You can see them in MemberLink under the “My Profile” tab along with access to a PDF of your certificate for each course. No more lost CE certificates!
- As always, all CE courses are FREE to MNA members; $20 for non-members.