MNA is proud to be affiliated with NNU, the largest union and professional association of registered nurses in U.S. history. One of your member benefits with NNU through MNA is even MORE FREE CE Credits! Click here to explore National Nurses United’s (NNU’s) FREE continuing education for nurses.
Independent Study CE Modules
- Bias in Healthcare: An Introduction
1.0 contact hours – expires April 2023
- Spring 2021 Vaccine, Variant, & PPE Update for Nurses
1.0 contact hours – expires December 2021
- 2021 Responding to Human Trafficking in the Health Care Setting
This human trafficking CE activity meets the one-time education requirement for the State of Michigan healthcare providers.
1.0 contact hours – expires February 2023
- Recognizing and Surviving Depression During the COVID-19 Pandemic
1.0 contact hours – expires December 2022
- Dementia: Core Review and Treatment Updates
1.0 contact hours – expires November 2022
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update Fall 2020
1.0 contact hours – expires November 2021
Check out MNA’s COVID-19 web page for nurses and other health care professionals
- Alarm Fatigue: Cause, Effect, Change
1.0 contact hours – expires August 2021
- FMLA, LOA, Short Term Disability and Worker’s Compensation: A Nurse’s Guide to Worker’s Protections
1.0 contact hours – expires June 2021
- The Opioid Epidemic: History, Patients, Recommendations/Management, and Empowering All Nurses to Effect Change
Michigan State Board of Nursing reapplication requirements state that nurses must have 2.0 credits of continuing education in pain symptom and management. These two credits must be renewed every two years.
2.0 contact hours – expires June 2021
Michigan Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
These continuing nursing education activities are provided solely by the Michigan Nurses Association (MNA), and there is no commercial support or conflict of interest in these activities by the planners and developers of these CE modules. There is no discussion of off-label usage of products or endorsement of products by MNA or the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC.)
Questions? Contact Larissa Miller.
Please click here to fill out our online education survey so MNA can improve how we address your nursing practice concerns and requests.
Did you know . . .
- When you take an MNA online CE course, you will now receive your CE certificate via email after vetting of your membership or payment.
- For MNA members, the name and location of each new MNA CE you’ve taken (both online and live courses) will be visible within a few days after taking the course. You can see them in MemberLink under the “My Profile” tab along with access to a PDF of your certificate for each course. No more lost CE certificates!
- As always, all CE courses are FREE to MNA members; $20 for non-members.