Michigan Nurses Association is seeking a full-time Associate Executive Director of Field Operations.
The Michigan Nurses Association (MNA) is the largest, most effective union for registered nurses in Michigan. As the voice for all registered nurses in Michigan, MNA advocates for nurses and their patients at the State Capitol, in the community, and at the bargaining table.
The Associate Executive Director of Field Operations is responsible for carrying out all activities of the Association related to labor relations and collective bargaining matters.
The ideal candidate has experience as a full-time labor relations representative, with demonstrated success at contract negotiations and arbitrations and running effective contract campaigns. Established record of organizing membership participation and developing rank and file leadership.
Candidate must have advanced knowledge of labor unions as well as labor laws (both public and private sector) and ability to plan, organize, and coordinate work activities.
- Oversee labor representatives as they service local bargaining units across the state.
- Provides expert guidance to labor representatives as they
- Assist MNA local units in contract negotiations, representation, contract administration, including the processing of grievances and arbitrations.
- Work with local unit leadership to improve and maintain local unit organization, membership recruitment and communication systems.
- Develop contract proposals, supply unit leadership with information needed to support proposals, and provide guidelines to local leadership on materials they should collect.
- Evaluate local unit’s needs for educational programs and provide as appropriate or arrange through other MNA resources.
- Interpret MNA’s goals and programs to local bargaining unit members.
- Keeps informed of economic trends, Labor Board decisions, and general trends in labor relations, especially those affecting the health care industry.
- Works with appropriate MNA staff in planning, coordinating and conducting conferences and training sessions on problems of employee relations and collective bargaining, within assigned bargaining units.
- Supervisory responsibility for Labor Relations staff.
- Serves as a key member of management team; works collaboratively with other directors.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required with education in labor relations, business or law. Master’s degree or JD is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in labor relations with increasing responsibilities in a management role is required.
- NLRB experience and relevant health care experience desired
To apply please submit cover letter and resume to Carol Feuss.
MNA is committed to Equal Opportunity and to considering applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, and religions. We urge people of color and women to apply.