The House of Delegates is the governing and official voting body of MNA. It is composed of the MNA Board of Directors and elected accredited delegates from MNA Local Bargaining Units. The House of Delegates is accountable to the membership and meets annually. Michigan Nurses Association delegates met for the 2018 House of Delegates on October 5 and 6.
The following nurses were newly elected or re-elected to the MNA Board of Directors:
- Vice President: Katie Scott, UMPNC
- Secretary: Tammy Parsons, PECSH
- At large seats: Lori Batzloff, Borgess; Tracy Birchmeier, UMPNC; Kelly Brunk, PECSH; Donna Carnahan, UMPNC; Kathy Hillman, Borgess; Katie Pontifex, PECSH
Nurses elected to the Impartial Committee: Laura Mason, UMPNC; Brad Packard, UMPNC
Nurse elected to the Nominations Committee: Mike Severino, PESCH
Nurses, health care providers and community leaders recognized at the MNA Awards Banquet:
- Michigan Nurses Hall of Fame inductees: Becky Baldwin, RN, and Jody Berney, RN
- Outstanding Contribution to MNA Award and Cheryl L. Johnson, RN Labor Legacy Award: John Armelagos, RN
- Nurse Hero Award: Kelly Sites, RN
- Diversity in Healthcare Award: Anne DeVitto, MS, RD, CSP
- Friend of Nursing Awards: Traverse City Mayor Jim Carruthers and Sen. Tom Casperson
- MNA Advocacy Academy graduates
Scholarships were also given out by the Michigan Nurses Foundation. To see photos of the awards presentations, click here to visit the album on our Facebook page.
P.S. Inspired to become more involved in your union? The elected nurse-leaders on the Board of Directors appoint RNs to different committees and applications are open through November! To learn more about your union’s committees click here. If you’re interested in applying, email Carol Feuss and ask for a bio and consent form.