Pain management in different cultural patient backgrounds can be challenging due to patient/client cultural beliefs and values around pain and provider bias towards patients/clients from specific cultural/ethnic backgrounds. This CE will provide you with pertinent information that will both inform you and challenge you about the implications of bias on patient care outcomes as well as strategies to combat bias when managing pain in patients/clients of color.
- Define racial bias and contributing factors in pain management for people of color.
- Analyze beginning strategies for how to improve pain management for people of color.
- Compare ways to combat differences in pain management with people of color versus other racial groups.
Participants that complete the CE presentation and post-test/evaluation in their entirety and pass the post-test with 80% or higher, will receive an electronic certificate via email. RNs completing the activity will receive 1.0 contact hour of continuing education.
The Michigan Nurses Association (MNA) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
POST TEST DIRECTIONS
COST: This CE is FREE for MNA members and $20 for non-members
POST-TEST: Complete the post-test & evaluation response form ONLINE by clicking here.
AWARDING OF CE
- Participants who achieve a minimum passing score of 80% will receive a certificate awarding 1 contact hour.
- Participants who do not achieve a passing score will have the option to gain success with the material by repeating the material and test at no additional cost.