Did you know . . .
- When you take an MNA online CE course, you will now receive your CE certificate via email after vetting of your membership or payment.
- For MNA members, the name and location of each new MNA CE you’ve taken (both online and live courses) will be visible within a few days after taking the course. You can see them in MemberLink under the “My Profile” tab along with access to a PDF of your certificate for each course. No more lost CE certificates!
- As always, all CE courses are FREE to MNA members.
Requirements for successful completion of each self-study are:
- View the entire presentation.
- Complete the evaluation form and post-test and pay fee online. Links to the post test and evaluation are on the last page of the presentation.
- Return the registration form, answer sheet & fee to MNA. Forms may be faxed, if a credit card is used for payment.
- Each self study is FREE for MNA members; $20 for non-members.
Issues Pertinent to Nurses in Michigan
- FMLA, LOA, Short Term Disability and Worker’s Compensation: A Nurse’s Guide to Worker’s Protections
1.0 contact hours – expires June 2021
- The Opioid Epidemic: History, Patients, Recommendations/Management, and Empowering All Nurses to Effect Change
Michigan State Board of Nursing reapplication requirements state that nurses must have 2.0 credits of continuing education in pain symptom and management. These two credits must be renewed every two years.
2.0 contact hours – expires June 2021
- Responding to Human Trafficking in the Health Care Setting
This human trafficking CE activity meets the one-time education requirement for the State of Michigan healthcare providers. This training requirement will need to be completed prior to the license renewal in 2019.
1.5 contact hours – expires February 2021
- Risks Associated with Lithium Battery-Powered Mobile Carts in Health Care Settings
1.0 contact hours – expires November 2020
- What’s New in the Fight Against Dementia
1.0 contact hours – expires October 2019
Michigan Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
These continuing nursing education activities are provided solely by the Michigan Nurses Association (MNA), and there is no commercial support or conflict of interest in these activities by the planners and developers of these CE modules. There is no discussion of off-label usage of products or endorsement of products by MNA or the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC.)
Questions? Contact Ann Sincox
Please click here to fill out our online education survey so MNA can improve how we address your nursing practice concerns and requests.